Ego, I am

Ego.  This 'I' in us, we cannot win it over, while we try to win over everything else.


Sufi poet Bulleshah writes


"Eh, Bullaya, everyday, you are fighting with the devil, 

but why don't you fight with your ego?

 You try to gain every knowledge in the world to become an intellectual, but why don't you try to read yourself?" 

All the time, you keep going to a temple, or a mosque, Why don't you try to get into your own heart!"


Yes, that is so true, and worth thinking, exploring, this urge that is in us to always think of I makes us keep repeating 

I, I, I,

me, me, me

Mine, mine, mine, 

and forces us to think that 

I am right

I did this,

It is only because of me, 

I am the only one who can ...


It is said that the ego shell is the hardest shell to break out of, to grow out, to get bigger than this shell, which binds you!! 

As in fact this 'I' in us is nothing, 

At the first sight of love, it hides

At the door of almighty God, it disappears!

A child's smile melts it.

Let it go!! 

This I and let it vileen, merge in Brahma, the paramI.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

The day a bird followed me home part 5