Life lessons

 I learnt it all in a second, things that I had never even understood till then. Things that I didn’t know, or believed. While hurtling headlong towards the screaming water of the gorge, which only, a second ago, had presented an excitingly noisy background to our lovemaking, I clutching his face in my hands, looking into his disturbingly dark blue eyes, while his hands trying to find places in my body, which just cried for him not to stop, and then as his hands had grabbed my hips as if to raise me towards his pulsating body, that I willingly rose to, he had found the key ring and had let me go, and then I had understood, and if I had time, I would have made a bullet list of the lessons learnt, about betrayal, about love, about greed, about faith and trust, about true friendship, true love, about life and death, but in those couple of seconds, some jumbled words just appeared like a text held by my friend, who had died last year in a freak accident, her bleeding words flashing at my fast closing eyesDon’t trust those who betray your friend to be with you”! I learnt it all in a second, things that I wouldn’t have known, or believed in my whole life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

The day a bird followed me home part 5