DISCONNECTION

 

 


This new world, with old maladies, and the new ways of expressing them


Connected virtually and disconnected  really


Speaking through machines to machines!


What is in this conversation


we are having 24/7

Always ready, always connected


With our heads down, our fingers busy, we don’t look up, and 

in the Algorithms of what is expected, 

we keep producing standard answers,

😊😑👏💓 claps, smilies, frowns, love hearts, cheers🥂


As they say better than what I can say or what you choose to say, even tears 😓 



You are reading me, but are you listening?


We are creating our own truths, analogous to each other, walking together but never the twain meet!


I ‘breathe’ in my echo chamber, breathe in what chimes with me, breathe in what rhymes with me, 


 


While you, in yours, thinking the same! 


 


You don’t see, what I see,  a different script of the same story


Written in our parallel worlds


My heroes are not heroes in your story and vice versa 

And your truths are rubbish in mine!


The essence of what you tell me in a ‘forwarded many times’ message, is lost on me.


 


You are surprised when I don’t ‘like’ it, 


and I am dumbfounded that you liked it! 



What is in this conversation 



From an Echo to another, yes, we the victims of Hera’s curse, left to repeat the repeation.


You are reading me, but are you listening!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

The day a bird followed me home part 5