A message to today from yesterday, and tomorrow!

When it was at the cusp of passing into the dark abyss of time, 

I tried to write a message of hope to today, 

 borrowing words from its yesterday and tomorrow! 

While writing on the nautical sheets of time, 

with a pen of clay, carved out of the very body of its being, 

I put a tinge of hope, 

taking colours from the green and gold of its forestry 

to brighten the dark ink!

But time flows like water, 

so, as I tried to enter my first letter of hope, 

it drowned into regret and remorse, a reminder from its yesterday,

and when I tried to enter my second letter of hope, 

it raged into a rebuke, a scalding reprimand from its tomorrow,  

that it is too little, and too late!

I wiped the slate, and started all over again! 


Five word challenge

Pen clay cusp enter tinge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

Tikku and the lost pages part 1