The relationship of Silence - an absent apology

 The relationship of Silence


This relationship of silence between us

opaque, and  thick, that one could cut it with a knife,

like the skin of a butchered animal, 

revealing all the gory details of our strife.

Your insolence, and my defiance,  

your not remembering, or acknowledging,

mine not forgetting, or forgiving!

Yes, the victor gets to write history.

And history decides who and for that matter ‘what’ is remembered 

in the story.

But I refuse to be forgotten, or to forget what you did. 

You may ignore my presence:

But I was, and I'm, and I will be!

I am alive, am here and I will be.

you can't overwrite me.

I’m of the land, the mountains, the trees, and of the sea

I never tried to write my name on them, like you did, 

I am them, and they are me!


Comments

  1. वादियाँ मेरा दामन, रास्ते मेरी राहें
    जाओ मेरे सिवा तुम कहाँ जाओगे।

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

The day a bird followed me home part 5