The ghost town

We live in a ghost town

Look, there are ghosts roaming the streets

You can't see them, but you can almost feel their presence

Yes, masked people, carrying their dull eyes in their bewildered heads

rushing somewhere, in a hurry, to return, from wherever they had come out

to walk, to get food, to give food, or care, to run to the shop, or to the doctor's

trying to avoid touching anything, scared of others they find on their streets,

Looking through my window, at this sunny winter afternoon, when the sun is just right on your back

I put my mask on too, and get out, just for a short walk, joining the invisible others

and also trying to avoid them,  

Yes, I'm a ghost too, one of many, scared of those walking on my street.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

The day a bird followed me home part 5