Contempt for the past

Why do we try to colour our past with the colours of our present day frustrations and grievances, or our gratitude.

 Because I'm angry with you today, you have actually never done anything right by me!

That's the attitude. 

How can we separate our past events from our present,  

no matter how much they allure! 

So when it comes to history,  our culture, religion, and our society, 

we don’t get all mixed up! 

I'm trying really hard to get a handle on our past, which is so fluid already! 

How can I say anything for sure!!

Just accepting the present without thinking of the past is so very difficult of course! 

Oh dear, let's just try at least to be more accepting, 

forgetting somethings, remembering some, and let the present take its course! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

The day a bird followed me home part 5