Poor Knight of the night

  

In the silence of my abode, 

I reside the whole day, 

sleeping in the quiet, 

waiting for the night

to move around 

to grab some grub

To eat

and not to play.


It is at night only

I venture out, 

looking for some food

To tDte their ware

something red, something green, 

fresh o stale, I don't care!

Oh, a drizzle of oil I love

oh, something meaty, being sizzled, yum yum!


I smirk, and smile,

"Would someone like me to 

carve, and serve?"


I offer my humble services. 

Bending backward

going head over heals, 

or rather

tilting from my antenna to my metathoracic legs

looking forward to my share!


When suddenly, broom broom,

What's this sound? 

Broom, broom, 

oh run! 

It is the VACUUM


5 words in August 2020

Comments

  1. I like these five word pieces. But can you include the five words maybe at the end.

    For this one the antenna and the metathoracic legs must have been done of the words?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The five words are in the end in labels.
    VACUUM Drizzle Carve green and quiet. I was just adding scientific terms to Crete the poor guy!! Our humble cockoroache! !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly captured the nocturnal foraging of the dastardly cockroach although not sure they will be scared away by the vaccum - these creatures which predate Panagaea and have been around for ever! Good work with the 5 words! 👍👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great!! Yes, they will outlast us, but meanwhile broom broom!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

The day a bird followed me home part 5