Dear me

Dear Neera

You don't know me as het, but I do. And one thing that I know is that our childhood, our experiences of early life are very similar. Almost the same. Though in my case these might be a bit foggy and in yours they are still fresh, and rosy, their impressions are a bit red, sharp and painful, and mine a bit tarnished, yes, time softens everything with its dull colours. 

So, how are you going dear? 

The person you were interested in, did you do anything about that? I hope you didn't, as it wouldn't be a good choice, I mean that person, you know, will not be... oh, sorry, my bad (I'm using a word that youngsters your age use these days!) how would you know, well don't worry about him, it will pan out, and if he is gone, let him be gone! 

And have you decided on what you want to do your major in? I remember, you wanted to do journalism, Oh, the dream of being a reckless journalist, writing for a livelihood,  a dream, travelling around with your typewriter, writing away at night, with a cigarette hanging in the corner of your determined mouth, well smoking is not fashionable anymore, but how would you know, well, what is happening about that decision to join that university for which you had to go to another city? 

So, is it, or is it not on cards any more, I know it is going to be hard! 

Hey listen, don't worry, it will turn out to be ok. 

And you need to be a bit bold, don't be overshadowed by that group of loud students in your class, they can't do anything, and especially that girl, don't worry, she is not god!

And darling, think of all the good things that you have, and what you want to do, your future is ahead of you, do whatever you feel like, as time just flies, and before you know, it will be gone!

If you want to catch time, catch from its forelocks, remember, what your/our father used to say? 

Well, I still remember, what he says to you. See, it is all confusing, I'm writing to you about you, that's me, later on. 

And one parting advice, don't give up on your reading ever, read, and write. 

Actually, that is what you will always have, you will never be alone, I promise!

Zoe Stella – Medium

Comments

  1. Well I’m a bit confused with this one. Is there a part 2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A clever idea though. Maybe just a bit of careful editing to get rid of some of the ambiguity and then it will work well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

The day a bird followed me home part 5