The day a bird followed me home part 5

And the sadness of the day when I had met the ibis. What was that? 

I was thinking. 

And suddenly I realised that I had actually not thought about many such things in a while. 

Being happy, sad, or afraid. No, I had been just not thinking. 

Blocking off a lot, good and not that good memories. 

I know, life gets so busy and is so full that there is hardly any time to indulge in reflecting about life, but people, I am sure do realise what is happening,  or what had happened in their lives. 

But I, yes, I used to too. But for a while, I hadn't.   

I started to reflect and remember the things, I had turned away from. 

Things too hard to accept, think of and too hard to face. 

So what do you do with such things? 

Like woollens in summer you put them away. 

But the thing about dirty woollens is they get fungus or silver fish, so you are supposed to clean them, wash them, air them, dry in the sun and then pack them for the summer, with Phenyl tablets, or dried leaves of neem, the bitter leaves which keep everything nasty at bay. 

So do I need to get those things out and air them?

I was thinking.



Comments

  1. the analogy of the woollens works really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed what a beautiful analogy! very poetic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment