The day a bird followed me home part 6

Why and what makes us sad? In my work, I always read a lot about others' sadness, their stories, about their dreams, their loves, their griefs, their repentances. 

The repentance in doing what keeps them away from themselves? 

or is it an escape from those or 'what' that they run away from? 

I remember the scene from years ago, still, the train leaving the platform and an old man running beside it, to give a bottle of water to someone travelling in the train. And he managed to do so, and I was relieved. I liked happy endings! 

Yes, I used to. And I also knew that most stories didn't always end that way. 

But what I had not been prepared for was what actually happens. As, my own story of my town, where I had been born, and lived the 19 years of all my life, was to end, in a strange way, and I was to learn that stories don't end in happiness or grief, they just end. 

At least some of them. 

Others look as if they are ending happy but mayn't be, and vice versa. 

It is so clear cut in stories, the stories that we read, the movies that we watch. 

In real life stories don't end. They take different turns.

When I was told that I'd be marrying this person whom I had never seen in my life till that day, and leave my town, my country forever, the story that I had been trying to write with someone I had chosen in my town, had ended. 

Or I had thought that it did! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

The day a bird followed me home part 5