The day a bird followed me part 11

I had never been a romantic. Didn't get a chance to develop this habit, though am sure, like many, I was also born with this trait,  but then I had lost it. 

As they say  if you don't use it, you lose it. 

That's why maybe seeing him there  filled me with  dread instead of happiness. What was he doing there  I had thought. 

"You didn't help me, but see I'm here," he had told me. 

And after our first meeting, he started to come and see me every week  sometimes a few times. 

He was doing an engineering course in another school at the same university, and lived in this part of the city too.

Sometimes I agreed to have a cup of coffee with him but otherwise I'd try my best to avoid him. 

Then one day he asked me to meet him for a drink at the uni bar, which was close to, where he was staying and I refused. 

And that's when he took out a letter that I had written to him 4 years ago. I'll post this to your husband if you don't, and he had walked away. 

And then this blackmail had started. As each time, I refused, anything he wanted me to do, he would warn me, of the consequences. 

I was always afraid and anxious  even though I somehow knew he won't do it, but I obeyed him. 

Then he asked me to come away with him, he had finished his degree and was going back home, and join his first job. He wanted to make me a happy woman, as it was only I, who could  make him a happy man, to which I said no, and I left. 

“I had a wonderful time tonight.”
“Wait until you see what I have planned for next time.”

I went home and decided to tell my husband everything.  

I was in my final few months of finishing and could start my phd, and get some teaching hours, and get paid, while finishing my doctorate. 

My life could be of an independent woman. 

And that evening had changed everything. 

Nothing in my life had so far happened as I had thought it would. 


Comments

  1. This makes a great melodrama with lots of cliff hangers at the end of each episode!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

The day a bird followed me home part 5