Tired of getting others to read what I write!

 

I decided to write every day, and be free to write whatever I felt like! 

So, on 10th March 2021, I started this  blog, on Google blogger, to write and to publish myself. And I have been writing every day since then, sometimes it is a story, or a poem, or an idea, like an essay or just a few sentences. But I write and each night, before 12 am, I hit publish.

I didn’t know how to promote my blog, so I didn’t. Just told a couple of friends and relatives, who have started to read, and they sometimes comment, and that is nice, but not crucial. I don’t make them read, but then whether anyone reads what I write or not, it doesn’t bother me, as I like writing and I write! 

And when I discovered Medium, had to become a member, as I was hooked, and wanted to read more what others were writing, while writing sometimes too! 

But I didn’t know what I was getting myself in! It seems, becoming a member, and staying a member is something, much more than just reading, and writing, what I like! I’m now writing for others to read and that I don’t mind, but, if they don’t read, I don’t exist! Strange, isn’t it? My existence depends on others reading and following me. 

And to tell you the truth, I am now tired of getting others to read what I write!*

*I have a WordPress blog, on which I have been posting chapters now and then since mid 2019, writing a family history, a story of my family, before and after India’s partition, Lahore, Kashmir, Punjab, Himachal a bit of history, with a bit of imagination. 

Comments

  1. One day when you are famous you will look back on today's blog as a key signpost story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

The day a bird followed me home part 5