No, i finally said it

Saying no has been the most difficult thing for me.

I find it the hardest to say to someone "sorry I can't".  

Or to say  

"Sorry I won't be able to, 

Or sorry I don't know.

Or sorry ....".

Oh dont get me wrong 

I do say sorry otherwise, and say it a lot.

It has been, you know the prerogative of my generation, we who are not the generation xyz or whatever letter is going now a days. 

We the ones who occupy earlier alphabets

we said sorry to parents teachers, neighbours and then we say sorry to our own children, our students all the time  and to the children in general

sorry we didn't know about childhood trauma

sorry we messed up the planet

Sorry we bought plastic stuff

sorry I this  sorry I that! 


I'm taking of saying 'no' politely. 

And this inabilty to say 'no' politely or otherwise had landed me in a lot of trouble too. 

Finally that day I said no. 

Such a relief 

Heavens didn't fall. 

No one had a heart attack. 

And the world went on. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

Tikku and the lost pages part 1