Change

 My poem is about those things that I don’t wish to change.


Walking slowly, I learnt to run, and said to my father, “see now, I’m flying”!

What a change in altitude/everything was suddenly small 

or had I grown, in size, and stature.

My father said, stay stable, let your mind fly, 

let your imagination explore the skies, 

but keep your feet on the ground.


When I was leaving home, my father said to me, 

“My child, remember the reason for venturing out, 

don't forget your mission, the purpose behind this move.

I remained fixed on the purpose, and the means to getting there justified it! 


When I was leaving my country, my mother said to me

“My child, go to the new lands, be someone you wish to be,

But don’t forget who you are where you come from!


I carry all these treasures with me, always 

not as a burden but wearing them as a crown

as no matter, where i go, no matter what I do

hard work, determination, and imagination have always come with me

while remaining grounded, knowing my limits, my boundaries, my principles 

have come in good stride

On this journey of life where 

it is said that 


Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

The day a bird followed me home part 5