lack of contentment or lack of gratitude,

Gratitude is a feeling of contentment, that transforms one into a believer, who has faith in something beyond, trust in God’s benevolence. Having gratitude is more than just being thankful, it is a worship, in which the sawali, the seeker, says to God, “once I have your love, I have received everything, now I can’t raise my hands to ask for more”!

Sab kuch, khuda se maang liya 

tujhe maangne ke baad

uthte nahi hei haath mere is dua ke baad”!

(is this god's love or beloved, we can decide, as having both can mean ‘having everything’)

However, it is quite easy for us to be thankless too, as there is always, a bigger and a better, and a greener pasture yonder, and we become wistful about what we don’t have rather, what we have. What feeling is this,

lack of contentment or lack of gratitude,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

The day a bird followed me home part 5