Writing

 We all want to write! 

Right?

And that’s the reason why we are here, at least I’m! 

I joined medium in August this year, though I had joined because of my interest in reading, and then I started to write as well. However, I didn’t start writing just by being on medium but I started writing on medium.

I was already in the habit of writing daily, and had been in the business of writing for a while. I am a teacher, and for quite a long period, I had been a researcher, reading and writing in and for the academia.

Writing is my first language, as before I could speak well, I was writing. Plotting, planning, writing, rewriting, the whole process was going on, though, I was writing in my mind, and the dialogue I continued to have with my imaginary characters, mainly happening inside, in my imagination. and then I started telling my stories, and with that I started speaking well too, as I was always dipping into my stash of words to come up with something pithy, prompt, a word, a phrase that I had up my sleeve, as that’s what my audience, my friends, teachers, my siblings, would say about my quick mindedness.

Writing it is said is rewriting. 


However, as per Dorothy Parker Quote: “Writing is the art of applying the ass to the seat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

The day a bird followed me home part 5