Rain rain come back soon

 It’s always rain that brings nature so close, for me to feel, to see, to touch, to hear, to taste, 

filling all my sensory needs, making me wonder, 

Is this real or just a dream, It is raining, it is pouring

it feels like silver, it feels like gold

It is raining it’s pouring

lets hold hands and sing, 

Rain, rain go away

 come back soon another day!! 


Rain is not golden, but it feels like that to me. 

It has always felt romantic to me, even when I didn’t even know, what romance meant, and till today, when I’m still not sure, what romance means. 

When it rains, I get all gooey and dreamy as the touch the feel of rain, or just the anticipation of getting wet under a drizzle gives me almost a sensual tingling feeling, and sensuous sensation, a shivering that feels romantic.

Romance according to the dictionary definition is “something mysterious, exciting, a feeling of remoteness”.

And that’s exactly what rain means to me, it takes me far away from the daily mundane life, giving me a feeling of being exotic, special! For me, rain and romance go together, just like gold! 

And it is always rain that brings me close to nature, so close, to feel, to see, to touch, to hear, to taste, filling all my sensory needs, making me wonder,

Is this real or just a dream!

(I’m aware of the devastation rain can wrought, and am not ignoring its impact on people’s lives when too much rain can result in land slides, and floods).

Yesterday, I enjoyed getting wet in rain with my grand daughter. Bringing her back home, from the park, we got caught up in rain, and got quite wet.

I was trying to keep her protected under my hat, and walking really fast, almost running. She kept the pace and singing the tune of “Rain rain go away,…”, with some words that she can pronounce, and we ran all the way home.

It was her first rain, and she looked so happy, excited, and exultated, with her flushed cheeks and eyes sparkling like stars, she kept running and singing, “come again … another day”. 

My daughter met us half way with an umbrella, and I was about to explain to her ‘the how and why’ etc of our misadventure, but before I could say anything, she said “Mumma, you both look so happy and beautiful, it looks you have a golden mist around you, my golden girls”! 

With a smile on her lips and a wistful look in her eyes, I knew she was also remembering what I used to do call her, and our joint adventures of getting wet in golden rain.

This poem is dedicated to that rain. 


It is raining gold


I give you my legacy, my secret treasure of gold

no matter what weather it is, and what season

you can still laugh, sing and dance 

they say make hay while the sun shines,

but when it rains you can still play

It is raining, it is pouring

it feel it is raining gold

It is raining lets hold 

hands and sing, 

Rain, rain go away

And come back soon another day!! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

The day a bird followed me home part 5