Unrequited love

 Yes, I don’t want your love nor you any more. 

You, who has used my emotions, 

abused my devotion, 

you have always been 

attentive, or absent 

tender or cruel

when you wished

sometimes careless and sometimes careful, 

when it suited you.

And it is ok with me now,

as I realise that you never loved me

nor wanted me, or needed me, 

your love was just in response to my love

something reactive, a reflection of my own feelings

which finally got distorted, in you, 

they were never proactive like mine.

I have found something more than my love for you,

I love myself, and am trying to love my heart

that has been 

more than anything that you could ever be. 

We have been together always

have loved together, laughed together, dreamt together

and consoled each other when we were broken

and when emotions were all spent in loving you

we have filled each other again with love, tears and hope!

It is me, yes, I love myself! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

Tikku and the lost pages part 1