I'm not edible

 I realised very early on, that

there is a bird inside my body 

like a wood pecker

that keeps tapping my sinews

nibbling my insides


and there is a monkey 

right there too

jumping around my heart

as my heart beat always 

with this thumping collides


And a worm within me,

It picks at everything 

soft and cuddly within me

and drinks late into night

savouring the juices from my mind

where it sleeps, and slides


And the dog, 

the most ferocious kind

black in colour

with a tough and shiny hide

stays around me,

where it hangs

around in the darkness

as I can hear late into nights

baring of its fangs

its prowls and its asides 

around in the darkness

as I can hear late into nights

baring of its fangs

its prowls and its asides 


I knew that they were there

waiting, waiting for me

to make a mistake

and would all jump and attack me

dragging me to the darkness 

with them,

yes, the darkness 

that within me, always hides!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

The day a bird followed me home part 5