Rain Woman

 

Her Name Was  Rain


The first time, I saw her, 

was also in the rain,

running and laughing, like a child

her beautiful hair all wet, 

tangled, and flying wild,

her attire clinging to her body

and her body soaking wet,

leaving nothing to imagine,

tantalising from every side

a woman like no one, 

a woman of her own kind,

dreamy, with a smile, 

a footstep so light, delicate 

like a gazelle, 

and a strong mind,

her eyes, like lightening, 

her laughter, a sound

like a thunder,

you’d hear in the woods, 

a tinkling bell 

you’d hear in a temple,

like a nursery rhyme, 

you’d sing to a child!

She grabbed my umbrella, 

and threw it on the ground, 

she dragged me with her

to run wild in the rain

she rained with laughter,

she ran with rain, pouring, 

colouring everything in water colours

drenched and wet,

and beckoning me to follow her lead,

she ran away again,

she taught me

she caught my imagination, 

I love rain rain rain

yes, her name was Rain!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman

Contentment

Tikku and the lost pages part 1